Saturday 9 March 2013

Sew really lovely to be back

Hello :)
It is really lovely to be back.  Sometimes life gets a little too busy and things go by the wayside and that is what has happened to my blog.
I do hope that you will like the cards that I am posting today, they are especially dedicated to my friends who I shared a wonderful week end with stamping and colouring, cutting and sticking!

I have used the most wonderful papers from Tilda called Sewingbird.  The die cut is on the edge sewing edge from Tim Holtz, the embossing folder is also from Tim Holtz.  There are lots of small embellishments that go to decorate the cards too.  This first card has been decorated with a scallop flower, made by punching out, spritzing with water and then scrunching it up a little.  I have put a brad in the centre and left it to dry.   The leaves are cut from a long border spellbinders die called vine leaves, this makes a wonderful border too.
This second card is a little more special, I have made it as a flip top card. so the tab you see on the left hand side can be pulled to reveal a hidden message!  You will notice that I have actually cut off about 1" of the front of the card on the right hand side just to give the card a bit of interest. The little dressmakers dummy has been paper pieced.  That is I have stamped it out once on the card and a second time on the sewing bird paper, cut it out and stuck this over the first stamped image.  The stamps I have used are all freebies from the front of magazines.  The little charm is from hobby house.

I do hope that you have a lovely week end and I will post again soon X x




4 comments:

  1. Hi! Elizabeth,hope you are doing ok?
    These are both very gorgeous,your designs and all the special detail is perfect- great idea with the flip top too.
    hugs Lou.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. great cards Elizabeth - love all 3 they look even better in 'the flesh' can't wait for my papers to arrive - your a very talented crafter what a great weekend we had seems so long ago now though best wishes Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I can't count thee are only 2 cards but they are still gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elizabeth so nice that you are back have kept my eye on you. How are you doing. What are you doing at the moment? Love your cards and bag.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails