Saturday 17 January 2015

How to create the flag book christmas album

I thought that you might like to know how to make the flag book in the previous post.

It really is very easy to make this.  I have used 4 inside pages for this album.

The front and back pages (red sheets in the photo) are 14.5 cm by 15cm as are the inside pages (white card in the photo).  The back spine (chocolate card in the photo) is 14.5 cm by 5inches wide.  This is scored at 1/2 inch intervals and folded concertina like.  The gold ribbon is added for decorative purposes.

Once you have scored and folded the spine, this needs to be really crisp folds to make a good book, all you have to do is to stick the outer covers and then the inside pages.

I actually used red double sided tape to put mine together as this is much more sturdy.  But for the purposes of this post I have used white tape so that you can see which side of the folds to stick your pages.

This is a closer view, I stuck the covers in first then the inside pages, I have used a little piece of tape to show that you need to stick your inside page all the way down to the bottom on this side of the fold.

The following photo shows you a birds eye view of the completed book.
I have finished off the outside by adding the ribbon, sticking down on the outside of the front and back covers.

I do hope that you manage to follow the simple instructions and enjoy making your mini scrapbook albums as much as we did ours.

Thank you for passing by.. Elizabeth X x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails