Wednesday 14 July 2010

A Christening Gift Box

On Sunday my nephew Max was Christened.  He is 9years old and has leanrt to play the church bells.  This sunday morning was made extra special because he played his first public performance with the other ringers... at his own christening service, not many of us could claim that one!
This is the top of the box that I made to hold a gift book.  The bottom of the box was made from chocolate chip, the tag from creamy caramel.  The I used always artichoke for the top and to ink the letters and the dots from our 'on board loads of letters' before glazing them, the stamp used was from the silent night stamp set - not just for christmas.  I have used chocolate chip and more mustard with the sponge daubers to create an aged look.  The dotty background was created using the background stamp dot, dot, dot.
It was perfect, although the gift inside was from my brother, everyone guessed I had made the box, just by looking, it was my style:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails