Friday 30 December 2011

Christmas Eve Birthday

I have met soooo many of you who have been following my blog through the countdown to Christmas, thank you so much for popping by, it really is appreciated.  Here is possibly the last post of 2011, a special birthday card for a special person.
I have used Autumn Days, this is a lovely stamp set, the pheasant is so regal looking.  I have inked him up with pumkin pie (I love this colour!) and night of navy, a good combination.  Once I had cut him out and after sticking him to my card I covered him with glossy accents... so that he shines out.  The swirls are the little ones made for the big shot, corner flourish.
The larger background has been made by dampening a piece of card with a spritzer then screwing it up! I did this a few times in different directions to get many creases.  Then straightened it out and rubbed my ink pads straight onto the card.  I used distress inks which are really good for this technique, colours were tumbled glass, tea dye and forest moss.  The I spritzed the card again to make sure that the colours blended well.  Once I ws pleased with the look I ironed it dry through a paper towel and put my card togther.  I really hope you like this one as I have fallen in love with it. 
The sentiment is one from dreamy sentiments by creative expressions and is so apt to leave you with.... So have a brilliant New year's eve and I hope that 2012 turns out to be all you want it to be X x Elizabeth

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails